Monday, January 28, 2008

January 2008 Featured Member

Jerry Ting's portfolio is filled with any number of interesting images of subjects from people to cities to nature. There is no doubting Jerry's skills with a camera, but it is his bird photography that particularly stands out. Successful bird photographers have to juggle uncooperative weather, long periods of waiting, heavy and expensive equipment, and a subject who can up and decide to leave at any moment. Jerry does a wonderful job of capturing the wildness and beauty of his avian subjects, while still being mindful of light, form, and background composition.

“The main reason that I am so deeply into nature photography is because there is nothing more beautiful, genuine and original in my eyes. For me photography is the most appropriate way to honestly record the moment, express my feelings towards nature and share it with the audience.

Of all the numerous subjects in nature photography, I think birds are the most fascinating. I started bird photography in 2004 and have been addicted to it ever since. It always fascinates me when I see a tern dive vertically into the water and capture a fish, an egret gracefully flying low over the still water to return to its nest, a hawk grab its prey and perch on a branch to enjoy the meal, a song sparrow standing tall on a shrub and calling for a mate…etc. I can always find something different and interesting when I am in the field taking bird pictures.” -Jerry Ting


Read More: January 2008 Featured Member


Image by photo.net member Jerry Ting

Labels: